Welcome to Hackenthorpe Medical Centre
At Hackenthorpe surgery the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
Please visit and browse our self care fact sheets, you never know when they will come in handy!
The number of Universal Credit claimants has risen dramatically in the city. As the Job Retention Scheme comes to an end, and many people are made redundant, there is expected to be a second large spike in UC applications. This is likely to cause issues for households whose UC income falls significantly short of their expenditure. Citizens Advice expect a 30% increase in demand for their services as lockdown eases more.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
We would also like to personally invite you to our Patient Participation Group if you feel you can spare some of your time, please see below for details.
The Doctors at the Practice would like to invite you to join our Patient Participation Group.
The reason why we have our Patient Participation Group is to encourage our patients to give their views on the services we provide, in order that we can strive to make improvements. The feedback received at these meetings will be presented to the Partners in the Practice for discussion.
We generally meet around every 3 months on a Tuesday evening @ 6.00pm and the meetings can last up to 1 to 1 and a half hours.
So if you can spare some time and would like to join our friendly group please contact the Medical Centre or you can email email@example.com for further information.
Every one is welcome at any age
Please note ; We are not able to address personal complaints in this forum.
Access to Medical Records
Click here to access your medical record online
Calls to and from the surgery are recorded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, calls are recorded for monitoring, training and dispute resolution purposes. The purpose of call recording is to provide an exact record of the call which will:
- Protect the interests of both parties
- Help improve Practice performance and best practice
- Help protect Practice staff from abusive or nuisance calls
- Establish the facts in the event of a complaint either by a patient or a member of staff and so assist in resolving it
- Establish the facts and assist in the resolution of any medico-legal claims made against the practice or its clinicians
- A call recording may also be used as evidence in the event that an employee's telephone conduct is deemed unacceptable. In this situation the recording will be made available to the employee's manager, to be investigated as per the Practice Disciplinary Policy.
(Site updated 10/08/2022)